Geoscene and Six Minute Surveys form two divisions of Scenic Spectrums Pty Ltd. They extend and add value to our previous 30 years of high quality service in the environmental, landscape and tourism consulting fields. Geoscene will continue to provide these services, but with renewed focus on sustainable development and conservation concepts, integrated technologies, and trans-disciplinary approaches. Six Minute Surveys provides specialised market research and customer/user demand, satisfaction, attitudinal and perception surveys, giving corporate, government and community clients critical information for wise decision-making.
Our projects range from regional to site scales and include urban, rural, and protected natural and cultural areas.
We believe in taking a World View - but always keep the context of the local area and community in mind.
We continue to seek engagement, partnership, knowledge transfer, adaptation and profitability with clients and key stakeholders.
Collaboration with a diversity of specialists is undertaken according to each project's requirements.
The following service areas cover our combined expertise:
- Sustainable Development Planning & Design
- Natural Resource Management & Landscape Restoration
- Scenic Resource & Visual Effects Assessment
- Tourism Planning & Feasibility Assessments
- Protected & Heritage Area Assessments & Management
- Six Minute Surveys
(Follow the above links for further detail and project examples.)
Geoscene and Six Minute Surveys comprise a small experienced and talented team of planners, landscape architects, urban designers, geographers, tourism planners, multi-media and information technology specialists. Our core team is complemented by collaborating specialists from the fields of architecture, ecology, geology, horticulture, zoology, economics, engineering, sociology and other disciplines as required for particular projects. We are a trans-disciplinary group.
Dennis Williamson, a geographer/landscape planner/tourism planner, is a Director and leads our Geoscene division. Dennis has over 25 years experience on a diverse range of projects. Dennis is well known for his expertise in development planning, visual resource assessment, perception research, tourism planning and feasibility assessment, visitor interpretation and protected area management, including World Heritage assessments. He has recently delivered a comprehensive set of lectures on sustainable urban development and is also currently conducting PhD research at Deakin University regarding biodiversity principles applied to wheatbelt agricultural landscapes in Western Victoria.
Ursula Williamson is an information technology and multi-media specialist and our Director leading the Six Minute Surveys division. She has over 20 years experience in the design and analysis of survey research with customers and users on a range of landscape, recreation and commercial development and marketing projects. This is complemented by her excellent skills in project management, training, social media and stakeholder engagement, as well as her practical prior experience from the IT, newspaper and horticultural farming fields.
- Commonwealth Department of Environment (formerly DEWHA)
- Lemonthyme and Southern Forests Commission of Enquiry
- Wet Tropics of Queensland World Heritage Authority
- State Government of Queensland - Attorney Generals Department
- NSW Office of Environment & Heritage - National Parks & Wildlife
- NSW Department of Planning
- South China Karst World Heritage Nomination Committee
- Sustainable Energy Victoria
- Parks Victoria
- ACT Parks & Wildlife Service
- Western Australian Department of Environment and Conservation
- Melbourne Port Authority
- Cairns Port Authority
- Albany Maritime Foundation
- City of Fremantle
- City of Monash
- City of Cairns
- Shire of Moyne
- Shire of South Gippsland
- Greater City of Shepparton
- Cardno Chenoweth
- Silverton Ltd
- BP Bitumen
- Mobil Oil
- Mawallok Homestead
- Langi Willi Homestead
- Hindmarsh Landcare Network
- Southern Otway Landcare Network
- Yarriambiak Landcare Network
- Cape Bridgewater Residents Group
- Boyup Brook WA Country Music Association
- Private Property Owners (various)