Geoscene and Six Minute Surveys form two divisions of Scenic Spectrums Pty Ltd. They extend and add value to our previous 30 years of high quality service in the environmental, landscape and tourism consulting fields. Geoscene focuses on sustainable development, environmental impact assessments, landscape ecology and conservation, tourism development and recreation planning using integrated technologies, and trans-disciplinary approaches. Six Minute Surveys provides specialised market demand and satisfaction, attitudinal and perception surveys, giving corporate, government and community clients critical information for wise decision-making regarding key stakeholder groups and potential clients.
Our projects range from regional to site scales and include urban, rural, and protected natural and cultural areas.
We believe in taking a World View - but always keep the context of the local area and community in mind.
We continue to seek engagement, partnership, knowledge transfer, adaptation and profitability with clients and key stakeholders.
Collaboration with a diversity of specialists is undertaken according to each project's requirements.
The following service areas cover our combined expertise:
- Sustainable Development Planning & Design
- Natural Resource Management & Landscape Restoration
- Scenic Resource & Visual Effects Assessment
- Tourism Planning & Feasibility Assessments
- Protected & Heritage Area Assessments & Management
- Six Minute Surveys
(Follow the above links for further detail and project examples.)
Geoscene and Six Minute Surveys comprise a small experienced and talented team of planners, landscape architects, urban designers, geographers, landscape ecologists, tourism planners, multi-media and information technology specialists. Our core team is complemented by collaborating specialists from the fields of architecture, ecology, geology, horticulture, zoology, economics, engineering, sociology and other disciplines as required for particular projects. We are a trans-disciplinary group.
Dr. Dennis Williamson, a geographer/landscape planner/tourism planner, is a Director and leads our Geoscene division. Dennis has over 25 years experience on a diverse range of projects. Dennis is well known for his expertise in development planning, visual resource assessment, perception research, tourism planning and feasibility assessment, visitor interpretation and protected area management, including World Heritage assessments. He has delivered a comprehensive set of lectures on sustainable urban development at Deakin University. He has recently completed doctoral research in which he has identified Key Ecological Principles for the protection and restoration of native species habitats within wheatbelt agricultural landscapes in response to habitat fragmentation and climate change.
Ursula Williamson is an information technology and multi-media specialist and our Director leading the Six Minute Surveys division. She has over 20 years experience in the design and analysis of survey research with customers and users on a range of landscape, recreation and commercial development and marketing projects. This is complemented by her excellent skills in project management, training, social media and stakeholder engagement, as well as her practical prior experience from the IT, newspaper and horticultural farming fields.
- Mobil Oil
- BP Bitumen
- Silverton Ltd
- Parks Victoria
- Cardno Chenoweth
- Mawallok Homestead
- Cairns Port Authority
- Langi Willi Homestead
- Melbourne Port Authority
- Sustainable Energy Victoria
- Albany Maritime Foundation
- ACT Parks & Wildlife Service
- Hindmarsh Landcare Network
- Yarriambiak Landcare Network
- Private Property Owners (various)
- Cape Bridgewater Residents Group
- Southern Otway Landcare Network
- Boyup Brook WA Country Music Association
- NSW Dept. of Planning and Environment (DPE)
- Wet Tropics of Queensland World Heritage Authority
- Lemonthyme and Southern Forests Commission of Enquiry
- South China Karst World Heritage Nomination Committee
- State Government of Queensland - Attorney Generals Department
- Western Australian Department of Environment and Conservation
- NSW Office of Environment & Heritage - National Parks & Wildlife
- Commonwealth Department of Environment and Water (formerly DEWHA)
- Local Government (a wide range of interstate Councils, e.g., Cities of Cairns, Fremantle, Monash, Shepparton, and Shires of Moyne, South Gippsland, etc.)